Monday, June 13, 2011

Week of June 13

Since this is a short week, we will not have spelling or vocabulary this week. Actually, we are done for the year! We do still have lots of learning to do though. I have some other important information to share as well. Our Wax Museum will take place on Tuesday, June 21. We will begin at 9:15. Please send students to school dressed in their costume. They may bring a change of clothes to change into after the museum is over. If you would like to visit our Wax Museum, we will have a new session start every 10 minutes, lasting for 7 minutes (to give students a break between). So, if you are planning to come, the available times are 9:15-9:22, 9:25-9:32, 9:35-9:42, 9:45-9:52.

Also, by Thursday of this week, students will need to bring any materials needed to work on their art project for their biography. Students may choose any artform. Possible ideas include: clay sculpture, cross stitch, pastels, watercolor, legos, felt, etc. With the artform, they may choose to do a diorama of a scene from the person's life or a portrait. Students are expected to begin work in class this Thursday. If your student does not bring supplies to school, I will supply him/her with paper and crayons. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Also, on Wednesday, June 22, I would like to have a Minute to Win it party. If you have seen the show on tv, I think our students would have a blast. The games are played using household items. If you would be willing to help, I would really appreciate supplies for as many as you can. These will be returned to you, so please be sure and label the things you send in. Please see note for a list of items. If anyone would like to help, I would love to have you come in. Please see the note sent home Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment