Friday, November 18, 2011

Play Postponed


Due to serious health risks in my pregnancy, I’m afraid I need to postpone our class play. I am so sorry for the inconvenience. I will not be able to return to school for a while and I feel that having a sub (even though she is great) work with the play would be too overwhelming. We will have the play later in the year – but unfortunately, not in time for Christmas. I know this will be disappointing to the students. They have worked so hard.

In place of the play, we would like to invite you into the classroom on Friday, December 2nd from 10 – 10:45 (the day the play was supposed to be) to watch our class Trickster Tales Puppet show. Students have been working hard on these as well for over a month – studying trickster tales, writing a script, creating puppets... I will not be there that day, but I have read through the scripts and know you will be delighted to watch each one.

I will not be able to make posts for the next little bit. Just a bit of info. to carry you until we go off – track.
-      No spelling or vocabulary on short week.
-      The last week we are on track, students will only have 10 spelling words –no high frequency words. This will likely continue if students have a sub when we come back in January.  
-      Also, the last week on track, we will not have vocabulary words.
-      I will not be able to post spelling words online – so be sure your student brings them home.

I hope you have a happy holiday season. Best wishes! Mrs. Cozad

No comments:

Post a Comment