This week, the OSCAR notebook came home for the first time. We only got the spelling section finished this week. As a parent, here is what I would ask for you to do.
1. Look over tests in the test section (3rd tab) to see how your student did. Do not remove tests. Look to see if there is a pattern (not studying, using capital letters instead of lowercase, etc)
2. Look at the data chart (Graph) in the Data section (2nd tab). See if this reflects what you think your student is capable of.
3. Make a note on the recording sheet with the date, your signature, and a comment about your student's work -- ex. I think we might need to study a little more next week for your spelling test. OR Wow, I'm amazed you're doing so well on your spelling tests! Your hard work is paying off.
4. Look over your student's weekly reading log (should be in the front left pocket) and initial, making sure your student has accurately recorded their reading minutes (If they haven't read at all at HOME, they shouldn't have 700 minutes recorded.)
That's it! I'll look over the binders on Tuesday (since we're gone on Monday) and I'll try to get other tests added for next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment